Friday, October 19, 2012

Trust in the Midst of Frustration

What a week of breakthrough!

This past Wednesday a whole lot happened that just really encouraged me.  I received just enough money to fix my computer and take care of the bills for October.  I discovered I shed 8 pounds since I've been at DTS (healthily, mind you.  I have been eating, as some people have questioned!  LOL!)  I had a friend tell me he wants to do a promotional video (professional quality) for me and the ministry in December.  Last, but certainly not least!, the Apple store e-mailed and said my computer was ready for pick-up!  Awesome day!

Then................yesterday happened.......................................................

I drove down early to Tampa (about an hour drive) so I could deposit my check at the bank.  I know it takes awhile for the check to go through, so I brought my check book with me to the Apple store so I could write one when I pick-up my computer.  However, they run checks just like a debit or credit card.  So, I decided to wait around awhile, hoping that I had deposited my check early enough for it go through maybe by 2:00-4:00p.m.  At least that is what has happened before with my bank.  Apparently, rules have changed and they don't put any money through until mid-night.

So, plan B: Several people offered to give their credit card over the phone to Apple so I could get my computer.  Praise the Lord and thank you to those people who offered!  Except, for the fact that when I went back to Apple, they said they don't allow payment over the phone: they have to have the form of payment in hand.  UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  It's now 5:00p.m.  I texted a couple prayer brothers and called my parents, just really discouraged and not understanding why I couldn't get my computer yet.

I had so many people willing and offering to help.  Why was this not working out?  Had I done something wrong?  Had I not planned this out well enough?  How had I not considered all of the outcomes and options?  What was happening?  Life happened- that's all.

On the way home, a fellow YWAMmer and I were talking about how often the Lord changes our plans, yet works it out for the better.  We don't always understand, and so often, days seem like wasted spaces of time, even though we think we have done everything we can to be productive.

I was reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 which says that "God knows the plans He has for us.  They are plans for good and not for evil; plans to prosper us, to give us a future and hope."

I was also reminded that "Man plans his way, but it is the LORD who directs His steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

Life is full of twists and turns.  The enemy of our soul is going to do whatever He can to steal, kill and destroy the plans that God speaks about in Jeremiah 29:11!  But, in the midst of all of this, I cannot back down from trusting in the Savior.  He is good, kind and faithful.  His love lasts forever!  We must be strong and courageous, my brothers and sisters.  God has called us to something far more greater than what we are living now.  It is supernatural in the middle of the mundane.  We are not called to be productive if we are not producing spiritual fruit: we are called to be intimate with Christ!  (John 15)

Thank you so much to everyone who has sowed both prayer and financial seed in the Kingdom by partnering with me!  Prayerfully, I will be getting my computer on Sunday afternoon after church!  God is moving and His glory will be proclaimed through our partnership together.  I cannot thank you enough.  Be blessed and take heart whatever you are going through!  For He has truly overcome the world!  (John 16:33)

-Aaron

Prayer Points:
*Sunday, I am hoping to be able to officially have my computer back as we will be stopping by the Apple Store after attending church in St. Petersburg.  Please pray that everything goes well and I can have my computer back.  :)
*Monday, October 22nd our friend Gift will be performing a Thai Dance at an assisted living facility in Dade City.  I will be leading couple worship songs also.  Pray for the salvation of those that have not received Christ as Lord and Savior.
*Continued patience and strength as I continue to do what I can to get this worship album recorded and produced.
*Halloween night we will be passing out candy and tracks to the "trick-or-treaters" throughout the neighborhood.  Believing the seeds of the Kingdom will be sown into the hearts, lives and families of the young ones.  
*We will be traveling to Alabama for an upcoming YWAM conference in early November.  Praying for safe travels, provision and for whatever God has for us during that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment